Monday, April 19, 2010

PATIENCE

My daughter just got her first car this week. Once she completes drivers ed in a few weeks, she will be licensed to drive it. But what does she do? She takes the car for a little unauthorized spin! Now, her driving privileges have been delayed as a consequence for her disobedience.


How many times have we messed up something God had in store for us? Whatever you’re praying for (as long as it’s in His will), He will provide it. Jesus said:”…ask whatever you will in my name and it shall be granted unto you” (John 16:13). For me, it is harder to be shown what God has in store for me. Because of my impatience, I will try to get it prematurely, mess it up and delay my blessing.


Whatever it is you’re waiting for…be patient and wait on God to deliver it to you. There is work yet to be done in and through you before He can release your blessing. Concentrate on Him and He will come through!


Recommended reading: Psalm 40

No comments:

Post a Comment