Saturday, September 8, 2012

Press On!

Today I saw an adorable little 1 yr old girl walking around in the park. I watched as her little legs bounced around one foot in front of the other with her arms stretched out at her sides for balance. I just love that age when they're learning how to walk. She took a few steps then fell. She got up, took a few more steps then fell. She got up again, took a few more steps walking farther than she had before then fell and scraped her knees. Here come the tears! She reached up toward her dad with this pitiful look on her face. He picked her up, kissed her knees and comforted her. A few minutes later, there she was bobbling around again with her arms stretched out trying to balance.

This reminded me about my journey with God. For many of us it seems as though every time we take a few steps forward, we experience something that would set us back. But yet we press on. When I look back over my life, I remember trials, tests, temptations and challenges that seemed like I was living in hell. But when i cried my tears and moaned in pain, I looked toward my Heavenly Father. And just as a loving father would, He picked me up and I was comforted.

Whatever you're going through today, DON'T GIVE UP! We may stumble and fall at times but be encouraged to know it gets better. In life there will always be obstructions in the way or things (and people) that will come along and try to make us fall. But when we do, our Daddy God will be right there to comfort us.

Look to Him and press on!

No comments:

Post a Comment