Monday, October 1, 2012

Going Through


Here is another I wrote a few years ago & had yet to post it here.  Enjoy...
I am inspired to post this blog for all of my friends who are “going through.”  For one, the loss of a loved one; another…a desert experience:  and another…financial burdens.

I am reminded of Tommy Tinney’s story of his daughter in the elevator.  She started to get nervous as the elevator became crowded because her view was obstructed.  She stretched forth her arms toward her father and said…”daddy pick me up, I can’t see from here.”  Tommy Tinney reached down to pick up his daughter and she was immediately comforted.  Take note: although her circumstances remained the same, she was able to see from a better view.

FOCUS
When you are going through, try focusing on your blessings vs. your situations.  If God never does another thing for you… you my friend have been blessed.  You ARE blessed.  Thank God for the “little” things because someone, somewhere is wishing they had your blessings.  Someone, somewhere would trade places with you in a heartbeat. 

When “going through”, I tend to view things in the spiritual realm.  Realizing where my true home is, I don’t really care what happens to me in the physical as I am no longer “of the world” I am in it.  I remember a conversation I had with a friend when I was struggling to pay a bill and she asked me a question that remained with me to this day…

”Do you know WHOSE you are?”… 
“Yes” was my reply …
“Then why are you worrying about HOW you’re going to pay your bill?”

I think that was the last time I worried about anything.

Try to focus on the outcome of your trials rather than the “going through.”  Bury yourself in the Word to remind yourself of God’s promises.  He does not lie, and He will honor His word.

GOD IS IN CONTROL
You know people give Satan too much credit.  God is in control.  If you belong to God, don’t you know Satan must seek permission to “mess” with you?  God is in control.  If He is allowing you to “go through” there must be a tremendous blessing waiting for you at the other end.

GIVE THANKS
Don’t forget to PRAISE throughout the entire process.  The bible tells us God inhabits the praises of His people and as you read through the scriptures, you will find evidence of that in each battle the Israelites found themselves in.  In EVERYTHING, give thanks…
 
Thank you God for meeting my needs TODAY.
Thank you God for my health and strength.
Thank you God for my place of employment.
Thank you God for my family.
Thank you God for waking me up TODAY.
Thank you God for saving a wretch like me.
THANK YOU GOD!
 Recommended Readings:
·         1 Thessalonians 5 (remember WHO’S you are)
·         Numbers 11 – (a lesson about complaining)
·         Praising the Hell Out of Yourself – Dr. George McCalep Jr.
·         God Chasers – by Tommy Tinney

No comments:

Post a Comment