Sunday, February 26, 2012

Let's Go For A Walk

Okay, anyone who knows me can tell you not to bother me before noon on Saturdays.  It is my day to sleep in and be lazy.  But on yesterday, God woke me up at 6am and said..."Let's go for a walk."  Without hesitation, I got dressed and headed out to take a walk with my Father.
As I was walking, God showed me some trees.  The first tree did not stand upright, rather it was had been blown over by strong winds and leaned toward the street.  God said..."Look at this tree.  Although it stands crooked, it remains deeply rooted in the ground and its branches continue to produce much fruit.  Just like you, it has weathered many storms and yet it stands.  I can still use it to produce much fruit."
The second tree was completely bare.  Lying next to it was a large pile of branches that had been cut from the tree.  God said..."Look at this tree.  It stands upright yet it failed to produce any fruit.  The dead wood was not good for the tree and it had to be removed so the tree can be restored."
Before I came upon the last set of trees, birds flew towards me and perched themselves on trees as I passed by.  I was greeted by a squirrel who seemed unafraid of my presence and stared at me until I was no longer in sight.  Then more birds flew near and started walking with me.  I asked..."What's going on Lord?  Why are they being drawn toward me?"  God said..."They see me walking with you and have come to reverence their creator."
Finally, as I started toward home, there was a tree that had completely bloomed with beautiful white flowers and another next to it with purple flowers and next to it was a tree that was bare.  I asked..."what happened to that tree Lord?"  God said..."This tree will bloom as well in it's own season."
Do you know God our Father?  He is so sweet and loving.  There is much more to our God than salvation alone.  Jesus came to bridge the gap (created by sin) that prevented us from having full access to the Father.  My fellowship with Him was like being in the Garden of Eden.
How do you spend time with Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment